Make an Impact
Climate change is arguably the most critical sustainability issue of our time. Its effects are being felt around the corner and around the world. Solving the climate change challenge will require action on all fronts and at all levels from businesses, governments, and individuals.
For 15 years, the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) has served as a leading voice for sensible action to address the challenges of climate change and energy use. While most of the work at C2ES has traditionally focused on providing research and solutions for business and policy leaders, it has become increasingly clear that individual choices about energy use are an important part of the solution.
In response, C2ES partnered with companies like Alcoa, Entergy Corporation and Bank of America to provide the tools that enable employee action at home and in the community to live more sustainably. With every step we take to become more energy efficient, we are saving money for ourselves and helping the environment in the process.
MAKE AN IMPACT
Growing concern around the environmental impacts of climate change and rising energy costs has prompted many individuals to question what they can do to take action. Make an Impact is a unique community-focused project aimed at raising awareness and mobilizing action on climate change in communities throughout the United States.
The program features:
- This dynamic website with tips, tools and resources on how to reduce energy bills and live more sustainably;
- A custom-built carbon calculator featuring best practice individual carbon ‘footprint’ analysis and personalized action planning;
- A comprehensive outreach program of educational workshops and hands-on activities to support local action and encourage sustainable change.
- Alcoa Foundation, founding partner, 2008
- Entergy Corporation, 2009
- Bank of America, 2010
- Time Warner Cable, 2013
Individually, our partners are making a difference as they educate and engage their workforce. Together they represent more than 400,000 employees around the world – a scale that can truly Make an Impact.